Spontaneous Artistic Appreciation

This is one of my favorite paintings from Remedios Varo: Ruptura (Rupture, 1955)

Photo courtesy of Pittsburg State University.
Escape comes to mind everytime I look at this picture. I came across this when I was a a sophomore in high school (2003-ish) when doing a project for my Spanish class. This particular painting stuck with me for the longest because it meshed in with how I was feeling during that time of my life.

I wasn't considered much of a normal chick (and I'm still not, LOL). I like to place myself in the woman's place in the painting, maintainting a cool swag as I exit stage left away certain phases, relationships,and habits in my life. The onlookers in the windows don't seem pleased with her exit and hold a scorn for her...or her freedom. As depicted by many art lovers, her cloak resembles a certain body part which signifies an ongoing struggle in society. I look at it and think, "women are a weaker vessel (emotionally) but possess a strength man can not understand." This is especially important in relationships and marriage.

Despite what the world says, women are stronger than the opposite sex (or the self) can bear to recognize and accept. Take note of what the Good Book says; it's no doubt about the fact that men and women are emotionally different. Peter instructed those in relationships and marriages to keep in mind that the emotions of their mates are like a weaker vessel. It makes me sick the way some husbands talk to their wives, there is no emotion or remorse for verbal assaults and tongue lashings. And when she cries, he can't put his ego aside to apologize for his harsh words and hold her? Sometimes a female just wants to be held.

Also, a woman is NOT inferior to man. She was made as a complement of him, a helper (Gen 2:18). It makes perfect sense. I mean, he can fix the shed, she can make him the sweetest blueberry pie he ever encountered. If he loves the pie so much, she can show him how to make it. And if she ever wants to fix something in or around the house when Pumpkin Poo isn't home, he can show her a few tricks. It seems that simple to me, but no. A socially conscious woman trying to find spiritual enlightenment seems to be a bit of a problem, hence the need to not conform for a while.

I imagine a getaway and the picture above comes to mind. Just out of my cranium...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness