Cootie and the Cell Phone


Photo courtesy of The Presurfer.
Cooties. Germs. Bacteria. The ickies...whatever you call them, there are more on your cell phone than there are in a porta potty.

Research and various news reports have been alerting the public about how there are more fecal germs on a cell phone because of improper hand washing after one *ahem* expells his/her inner demons. What constitutes improper hand washing? From my observation, it can consist of not using soap [aka the rinse and run], not washing long enough, or using just hand sanitizer. The worst of improper hand washing is when one doesn't wash them at all. Why does this lethal event teke place?

I don't know and I honestly don't understand it. If you are at the age where you know you should wash your hands after handling your business and you decide not to, that's just nasty. There are even little posters in some public rest rooms that explain how one should wash the hands. It's quite simple; wet your hands, add 1-2 pumps of soap, tops and bottoms, in between, rub them both together (for 15-20 sec), rinse off...Congratulations! No more germs. For extra protection, the hand sanitizer can seal the deal to maintain your clean barrier.

After working with kids for a couple of years (plus the few years I've been baby-sitting), I'm used to washing my hands about twenty times a day. Watching these reports about cooties and the cell phone really blew my mind. Guess I should be picky about who I let use my cell phone then. Oh, bump it, I haven't gotten sick yet and I wanna keep it that way.

I'm gonna clean my joint right now, better safe than sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness