Social Ratchetness and Control

I have been told that I write a lot of angry poetry. While this is true, I don't think this means that I am an angry poet. It just means that a lot of injustices make my blood pressure rise higher than unemployment.

My past few performances have included spoken word pieces on bullying, domestic violence, and even a poetic fictional story about a young woman finding the strength to forgive her rapist. Most people who know me, or even claim to know me, know what an awkward, bubbly chick I am. But a series of events have unveiled itself that have led to write the whimsical raging literary prose that I do.

I still have not seen the "Bully" documentary (and it's even out on DVD & Blu-Ray, I know) but still intend to watch it. Despite the fact that it is an ageless problem, I define a bully as the bain of humankind's downfall. Many theories have been created to explain its very origin and still as a whole, we humans tend to agree to disagree with passionate confusion. I keep finding that all of the research and readings in sociology, psychology, politics, and other areas of social science all connect in either part or whole. And every time I find the connection, it brings me back to (hu)mankind dominating (hu)mankind to their own injuries (Ecc.8:9).

The communication between the hierarchies, classes, and and statuses of individuals sincerely cracks me up. We are all taught the Golden Rule, the Ten Commandments, and the role of karma. How consistently do we play this out? The ideal dream would be a lot but reality has it that we...just...don't!

When I see bullying in elementary schools, grammar schools, high school, colleges, workplaces, within the family, religious groups and beyond, I pray my hardest to not want to slap someone. It's not my place and I know that that is someone else's situation, I just wish it didn't exist. And sometimes, it's wrong for me to think that way. The inclusion, exclusion, maniacal back stabbing, out-grouping and in-grouping is an evil science that can literally scar the conscience until erratic behavior results, i.e., reckless unnecessary shootings, suicides, stabbings, rapes....you get my point.

Control is a beautiful inconvenience, because we don't know how to use it properly. Not. One. Bit. What we fail to realize is that with control comes a measure of responsibility to the self. We want to control whatever we feel like but when someone ends up in tears or otherwise, we decline to explain the process that led up to it. Or maybe we do and we just don't care.

I could end this post with a tirade about how I will do everything in my power to stop the misuse and social ratchetness of humanity's decently twisted remedy but I would be lying to myself as well as you all. Many innocent souls have been lost to societal exploitation by means of violence, suicides and dismal untimely deaths. I can't bring them back. Too much has happened before I was created to connect the dots, so that I may build something constructive to destroy the negative that makes us socially sick. It's too much to take on solo. Too many tears have been shed from the sadness, frustration, anger, hurt, and confusion of why little boy and little girl are always left out, pushed around and excluded, with tattered clothes and bruises facial marks. Time has passed. Where are they now?

Random thoughts of a beautifully, ignorant soul.

Photo courtesy of Black Celebrity Giving.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness