Sex & Violence on TV: Which is Worse?

I read this awesome column on the Troy Record website, originally posted from the Salt Lake Tribune regarding violence and sex on TV.

Scott Pierce, a TV critic, expresses the gruesome series America is sucked into, such as The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Grimm and Supernatural. As I re-read this column, I can't help but think of how the bubble guts appeared when I saw previews of Spartacus.

Each one to their own is the way of the world, but the irony is that people enjoy this. Sex and violence include heavy graphics and imagery that imprints your conscience...well it has that ability if you let it. Pierce included the scenario about how he has held countless conversations with parents who aren't sure of what shows are okay for their kids. He explains the vivid bloodshed and murder in the scenes but the parents ask about any sexual content.

My human wants to yell, "FOOLS! You beautiful, ignorant fools! What about the fight scenes and the use of weapons? You're only concerned about the sex?"

I grew up in a generation where grown folks watched their shows after the kids were in bed. Now, I scope YouTube and watch a 10-year-old girl do an instructional video on twerking...umm, shouldn't you be learning long division? Ain't nobody need to see that!

The only thing worse than that is watching 5-year-olds boys cursing each other out while playing Call of Duty. I am not the one for that. Which is the bigger problem people? TV sex or TV violence? An increase in unplanned pregnancies or senseless death in society? Let's talk about it people!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness