Brotherly Love & Truths

I had a profound discussion with one of my older brothers about the ills in the game of life.

My brother and I are nine years apart in age difference. He told me some things I needed to hear about people in the world. Though he is not the first one to tell me this, he had the biggest impact on me. Anyone with siblings knows how difficult the familial relationship can be at times. At the end of the day, however, they are there for you regardless. Some of the relationships I have experienced up to my quarter-life crisis stage I have had a lot of time to think about, especially when it comes out in my poetry. One of my biggest flaws I am coming to terms with is that I have trouble letting things go. Depending on who I am talking to and who I'm dealing with, it can be perceived as either no big deal or a major diss.

There were some other people in my life that didn't know how to treat others. They behaved in a disrespectful manner, tried to stain my ambition with their misery and sorrow, and expect me to apologize to them even though they have mistreated me. Well, here it is...

"I'm sorry that you have to hurt others just to validate your own hostile, negativity. I'm sorry that you are your own weapon of mass destruction."

Even though I feel that my brother knows me more than my earthly enemies, he strongly advised that no one should know me more than me (I'm still on the road to finding out who I am, but that's another story). Ironically, the world suggests that you keep your friends close and your enemies closer. On the one hand, it's sound advice; only because the more your enemy claims to find out about you, the more the enemy can reveal him or herself to you. On the flip side, however, you have to be careful not to pick up the bad habits of your enemy, for that limited association can spoil one's productive habits.

And then he ends the discussion by repeating one word...SUCCESS. He said it so many times to me that I heard it in my sleep. My brother is a successful man, and he sees success in me. I have so much more to be concerned about than people in my life that aren't worth keeping.

So, thank you, my brother. I'm gonna end this post with a Jackson collaboration [my brother got my nickname out of this video :0)]





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness