Why I Love "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart

This song is a memory I take from my late father.

Every now and then, I find myself traveling to the state of nostolgia and remember our times together. While taking my daily walk on my lunch break, I switched my iPod to this song and the warm feeling I had when I first heard this song returned.

In 1992, I was a precocious preschool graduate who didn't quickly settle into the routine of elementary school. My parents insisted that I accompany them to what was a massive warehouse or just a big store in general (I have a feeling the store might have been Curtis Lumber). The few thoughts that my mind was filled with pertained to this errand that had to be ran. This minor adventure had put a major conflict into the cartoons and episodes of ALF and Jeopardy I had planned on watching. I remember feeling so uneasy about my arts projects and spicy vegetables for dinner that a scoured look of frustration stayed on my miniature frame. Then, out of the blue and into the airwaves, Rod was singing, "In my heart, you will remain forever young..." After watching me twitch and struggle with the pain in my little legs, my dad let me hop in his lap until my mom was ready to go. "How's my baby," he asked me.

This memory might not mean much to some. It might confuse anyone I tell this to, even to my older siblings. What they don't know is how much jealousy I had of them. After my dad passed, I was jealous about as much as I was angry over losing him. I was 13. They had him longer than I did. I may have had the smaller amount of time with him, but at least songs like this, foods, and other random things are a part of a collection of the short, sweet memories.

I think I'm entitled to it...


Courtesy of Youtube user nightfawn27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness