500 Words on Redemption

Photo courtesy of avani-mehta.


When was the last time you've said or did something that you now regret beyond belief?

I'm not talking about minor matters, such as forgetting to tell your friend that her date canceled on her or overcooking a favorite dish. Regardless of the severity of the situation, you would surely want to have yourself redeemed and buy back the respect or trust that was temporarily lost.

The literary definition of redeem means to to pay off, buy back, recover, atone for, or compensate for something. When redemption involves human interaction, it gets more complicated than necessary. I say this because the more I walk around this planet Earth and notice the various uneven structures in the world, the stronger its craziness corrodes the tainted air we breathe.

When people get mad, they don't just shut off all communication with you. It becomes a life or death situation. They suddenly feel invincible because their conscious is filled with a vengeance that is meant to satisfy their pride and ego for only a short time. After the storm, they realize their hurtful deeds and are willing to buy back the respect that the other party has already lost for them. The funniest thing is that sometimes, they want to earn redemption by their own standards.

In a world where you learn not to judge, your labels are already processed. Daily attempts to be a good person in general are destroyed by ridiculers, mockery, jealousy and those who love to play games. You can never know or understand why they are the way they are but the only explanation they can give you is, "You don't know me, you don't know what I've been through!" You finally get to a point in your life where you work through your tolerance and patience and you have to cut it off and cut it out.

It's okay to be angry but there is a better way of handling it in a manner that doesn't cause unnecessary drama. A previous Black studies professor challenged me to let my anger channel throughout by being and allowing it to make me a stronger person than I was the day before. If it still there 24 hours later, I found things to punch. Take note, I didn't punch random things. I hit my stuff, pillows, beds, and doors because it wasn't fair of me to take my anger out on an innocent person who I knew didn't deserve it.

No matter how big or bad you think you are, there is always someone else that is a little bit bigger and badder than you. The person that you're miffed at, the one you keep attacking in your sleep and wasting valuable daytime minutes to leave those nasty messages to will be the same person you keep calling hours, days, or weeks later for solace and unconscious redemption. The redemption will enlighten you once you realize that the same unforgiving attitude you gave to a person is being returned unto you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness