Real(ity)

Amidst my rebellion against cable television, I came across Tia and Tamera's reality show the other night at the laundromat. I suddenly found myself cable shopping around and working out a budget just so I can tune into this show.

I grew up watching these girls on TV, saw most of their movies and consider them some of the role models for young, beautiful intelligent Black women. These women have shown me, in some way, what to do and how to handle yourself between fame and real life. I just scoped out this article about them on CNN  about life beyond their sisterhood, married life and their show. Browsing down to the responses, I'm no longer surprised about some of the comments readers left. Why do I say this?

First of all, these ladies are intelligent beauties. They've been going to school during theri acting careers and have garnered a psych degree. They've been working since practically puberty and know more than enough about hard work. Second, they're only 33 yeard old. Seriously? Early 30's is no where near the mid-life crisis stage in life. Not trying to start a war or anything, but Madonna, for example, still looks great for her age and there are men of all ages I've heard directly or indirectly, consider her hot. As with another never-ending battle with Black women (individually and collectively),  Mowry-Hardrict and Mowry-Housley are innocent victims of hateration.

Think about it; successful hard-working gorgeous women with superb acting credentials, you rarely (I'm sorry, never) find anything negative about them in regards to sex or wild parties, a wonderful support system from family and friends...the list goes on. I'd be a little jealous too. But like I previously wrote, they taught me how to handle such things in some way.
Photo courtesy of hiphopgossipsite.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness