No Bad News

I wish that we could all wake up to this. No more bad news, no more war, no more victims of sexual abuse, physical violence and emotional assault. Yet I start preparing my psyche for what negative sustenance the world has in store.

I'm having a Wiz moment and the words of Evilene are screaming in my head...

"Don't you ever bring me no bad news, cuz I'll make you an offer, chile, that you cannot refuse, so don't nobody bring me NO BAD NEWS!!!"
Photo courtesy of Musique's Poetry.
What is it exactly that has me fuming this breezy December afternoon?
  1. The murder-suicide of another young and thriving somebody. I don't follow sports, but when I came across this sad story on The Root about Kansas City Chief play Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, I bit my tongue til it bled. Prayers and condolences to the families, friends, teammates, and so forth. This is another unnecessary tragedy in an already chaotic world.  
  2. Another school shooting, this time at a Wyoming community college. A professor and another student were killed before the suspect shot himself in front of students. I can barely finish reading this article in the Missoulian website; the livid tears are blurring my vision.
If I were to continue this list, I wouldn't finish until 2013...literally. I sincerely have nothing else to say except please stop scaring our children and stop killing off our earthly brothers and sisters. They always say things will get worse before they can get better. Maybe I'm just being extremely human today. I mean, 2 Tim 3:1-5 says it right there in black and white, that men will be...without self control...and having no natural affection...during critical times hard to deal with.

I can see that and it hurts like battery acid to flesh. We gotta neutralize this pain.
Period.

Hopefully, a brighter post another time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness