Goin a Little Crazy

I definitely would like to thank my other writing half and bestie, Marcus, because your creativity invaded my sleep. Then again, I did have ice cream for dinner while reading Writer with a Day Job.

I dreamt that I was being chased by a new friend because Rihanna was chasing him and I ended up running to Brooklyn. Keep in mind that 90 minutes by car is probably 30 hours on foot. I couldn't help but laugh as I was running from the guy who was running from Rihanna. It turns out that the motivation behind such running fury had to do with barbeque sauce...and guess what I ended up having for dinner a few days later? Honey barbeque chicken wings :0). Fresh from my over-active imagination, I concluded why I was having these dreams. Gas prices, unemployment are going up with everyone's blood pressure, people feel the need to curse everyone out for something, and there are times when you just want to be left alone. Laughing seems to be a helpful remedy so recalling silly dreams have been cheering me up. I can honestly say that I have weirder things happen to me in my sleep.


Photo courtesy of Life of the Single Gal Blog.
 Interesting example, when I was 20 I had my wisdom teeth pulled. After watching many medical shows and sitcoms, I always wondered what people dreamt about when going under the knife. I can honestly say that...this joint was insanity!

The last thing I remember seeing was my mom walking out of the room, the doctor talking and I began drifting asleep. Purple tap-dancing penguins led me on this path to a garden. I walked passed an alligator kiosk. They were buy one, get one half off. Really sad that I couldn't get the alligator, I kept going to wherever I had to be. I was suddenly ambushed by a husky orange man in a suit demanding orange Skittles and orange jelly beans (hence why he was so dog-on orange). I directed him to Target near the shopping center in Clifton Park. In the dream, I was laughing but I woke up from the surgery crying. My mother, dabbing my face with tissues, was concerned about the pain I was in. When I told her about the alligators, she sat down in the doctor's chair and laughed for a good 20 minutes.

Trying to sleep away the meds, I proceeded to tell my mom about the orange man and the penguins but the flying squirrels kept interrupting the conversations. Then I became really disturbed when I saw my mom wearing a black thick fur coat in 90 degree weather. After all of that fun, I ended on my mom's chair figuring out the rest of my week.

I can't even apologize for the lack of balance I typed above, I'm just gonna laugh about it some more. Not avoiding reality, just taking a little break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness