New Ideas


It has been a few crazy weeks...so crazy that I don't even want to think about it.

But I will say that despite hard economic and employment stumbling blocks, I've started something new which has lead me to a new outline. Long story short, after working many jobs [mostly in college] I thought to myself, 'Hey, I never really worked at a bank before...I think I'll give it a shot.' With that said, I found a new job that will allow me to grow in a different industry and allow me more creative pitches for my freelance writing gig. And this is on top of my other writng projects. Here is a brief summary of my projects:

  • Project 1 deals with a high school class in a sick and twisted storyline of harassment, rape,. miscarriage, right and wrong. I have no idea where this concept came from, but I can't stop writing it.

  • Project 2 is a a story I'm considering turning into a series about a little girl and her friend being harrassed by older junior high kids. I started working on this idea my fall semester back in college, 2008. I've been so caught up in my studies, obviously, that I haven't really added more to the story like I know I could. Either way, it's still a work in progress.

  • Project 3 is my latest creation and it just has to be a love story right? Yes, I'll buy that; I have an inner romance nerd, so sue me. It's about a confusing relationship between a graduating 23-year-old college student and her 31-year-old professor.

Now Project 4? Right now, I'm leaning towards writing some personal finance articles towards the high school and college crowd. Should I turn that into a reading/workbook guide for tweens, teens, and young adult? I think that will be cool. Of course, I'm sure that there are other books with the same concept and goals I have for this book; to provide youth with basic money savvy skills and help them build a solid economic foundation. My challenge is who to market to and how to make it fun...

Again, just ideas in progress.

Photo courtesy of moneythinking.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness