Electronically Immobile

Things have been so weird for me since I lost all function of my laptop, but let me be real; I've had it since 2005. I learned from a a fellow poet/computer sales rep that every three months is one year in technology age. So technically, nearly six years in tech. time made my PC go past its prime. What kills me is that everything is on my PC, from freshman year. Various stories, articles, poems, and homework (of course) and some of it is on a portable flash drive, but who knew that humans could get so awkward over such a thing?

First off, let me just clarify that I'm not totally electronically immobile because I've been floating in between libraries to check my emails and still get some assignments done. It's just an inconvenience because there are time limits, operation hours and I have to alter my deadlines because of these restrictions. It's just when I have an idea about an article or a poem, the most I can do is put my pen to paper. Obviously there is nothing wrong with that (I'm a writer, duh)! With this wave of electronic journalism and writers of various levels putting blogs to good use, I'm just trying to keep up (even though I don't blog like everyday).

Well, all I can pray, say, and do is to not let this get the best of my writing, work, and save my money so I can buy a new laptop (preferably with at least 4 gb memory and an external hard-drive for multimedia action...just sayin)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness