Synonymous Literature

After two months in between work, freelance work, helping my mama, Bible class, and taking on some indie learning projects, I finished this awesome book. I did not want to put this book down at all.

If there was one final course that I had to enroll into in order to graduate college, I hope it would be filled with the information and advice that I found in here. There were times that I thought about being in school (high school mostly) and I was assigned to read books and stories that I couldn't identify with. But this book totally spoke to me. It had tips on how to get into a business, how to handle business, provided encouragement in the corporate business, and explained how to keep private business exactly what it is...private.

It dug a little deeper into things concerning racial, gender, and sexist discrimination. Being a woman of color, one can only imagine what it's like to be a victim of all three. I've had some experiences in which my co-workers have said something really ignorant and nonsensical because of my brown skin( i.e., "Don't talk ghetto," "When did this store turn ghetto," or "wait, you don't listen to rap music all of the time?") Yeah, so this is where I pray to God to calm my nerves, give me the strength to get through the day and pray for my opposers and haters.

This book has helped me come to grips with what is going on with and around me now as well as what is to come later for me. As I wrote for Brown Sista Online Magazine, this is one book that every Black woman should have on her shelf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness