Confessions of an Aspiring Media Mogul 1.2

For a temporary period, I was held hostage.
In a frozen desolate surrounding of murky
involuntary silence...and I have to break free.

Ok...time to climb out of my writing hiatus.

I've been suffering from the inevitable writer's block
for the past couple of weeks, on top of my adventures as
a daycare assistant teacher. Working full-time with kids
and part-time as a freelance journalist is tiring beyond
belief, but you got to do what you got to do, right?
And people always wondered what a person can do with a
sociology degree? HA! Just about anything that you can
set your mind to. To make a long story short, sociology
is the study of human interaction, the structure of
society, how its components are interrelated, and how
people are selected for prevalence (Henslin, Down to
Earth Sociology). With sociology, a person can choose
to go anywhere with it: law, social work, medical
sociology, grassroots canvassing and activism,
journalism, writing, or advance to a higher level of
education. I decided to combine human interaction
with the realm of media and its everchanging digital
garden. I feel like I'm getting the best of both
worlds at the moment:

a. working with kids, everyday is an unpredictable
adventure
b. as a journalist and writer, human interaction
on various levels fuses my creative muse
c. with both, you can see how the world works.

Endnote? Many people have many perspectives
on life. Mine is, if life is like a story,
be the author and start writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness