The Two Weeks

For the first time in my working career, I am on a two week vacation.

Forgive me for making a big deal out of this, but I have never had one of these before. I have had one week vacations, I have used my sick days to substitute my mental health days (back when I had a bully for a boss). I am beginning to learn about self-care. I didn't know this existed.

Everyone has been asking me what am I going to do with my time off. Also, my mother was hoping that I would be able to swing her way for a mean minute (she just visited me at my place so I don't feel too bad saying no). While I aspire to do so many things and go to so many places, I'm doing something that I never thought I would...I'm handling ME!

I was actually on call over the weekend at my job and I did end up going in. I took it as a learning experience because I never did an overnight shift before. It's easy to do when you're pepped up on Dr. Pepper and coffee. Anyway, I slept for like 16 hours on Monday and that was how I started my vacation. Pinterest has been a new friend of mine. I've been on there as well as YouTube checking out organizing videos and interior decorating pictures. This emotional purge that I have been on these past few months have began taking an external turn on other facets in my life. Unfortunately, my blogging management has suffered as a result. Not to mention that the last print published piece that I was did was back in the spring. We're in the fall season now and the only writing that I've been staying ahead with is my personal writing. At least I haven't stopped writing altogether, right?

When I'm not watching how-to videos on YouTube, I'm chewing on Sour Patch Kids watching the Dr. PimplePopper channel....(if this sentence just disturbed you, I'm almost sorry 😲😵😒😏). If anything, I'm learning about how the body can heal itself after such surgical procedures. As a kid, I would watch shows like Rescue 911, A Baby Story, Emergency Vet, & Animal Rescue stories & watch all sorts of bloody anatomy so those dilated pores of winer I can handle LOL.

On a lighter note, I became an auntie again...this time to twins. This is the first set in my nuclear family so I am basking in the awesomeness of this. I'm trying to head out of state to meet them. Basically, I'm doing a staycation-then-vacation. I am getting a lot done on the home front as well as a little work on me. I have been exercising my mind and my body, getting into my Bible more, and stocked up on coloring (though it would be a good time to set up my video games finally).

Not to mention, I've been reading Mara Wilson's book (the girl from Matilda who is now a writer) and you know what...? I can't even tell you how good this read is, I'm just gonna recommend that you read it for yourself. She was one of my favorite child actresses and now she is one of my favorite writers.

Now, back to my doing whatever I want....

Photo courtesy of Ask Niaj.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

My Interview with Eboyne' Jackson

Another Google Adventure