Feebly Fierce

Five months...

This was the last time that I was on here posting about anything that popped into my face. That wasn't supposed to happen, but life is full of surprises, right?

Speaking of surprises, I found myself in the middle of a harsh reality a few months back and it wasn't until recently that I've been thinking about speaking about. Now and then, I find myself asking these self-examining questions...
  • Was it denial?
  • Why didn't I say anything earlier?
  • How did I overcome this stumbling obstacle?
  • Where do I begin?
  • When did it get out of hand?
  • Who did this person think they were?
I found myself drowning in a pool of harassment and bullying in the workplace. Like really?

I graduated high school almost ten years ago. Are you Cher? You wanna turn back time? I kept thinking about how to deal with the situation and make this person feel exactly the way they made me feel. The blunt truth? A paraplegic could run screaming for the hills. That's how much corporate anarchy I was witnessing. This is was only the tip of the ice burg.

Fortunately, I got out. I began making changes in my life. Did this inconvenient scenario impact me in my next job? Yes. How much did I pray and act? Constantly. Feel free to check out my story on Careeranista.

What a subtle inconvenience. It's been a long road to letting it go, but I know I have to for my health, survival, and happiness. I won't discuss the screaming, name calling or constant embarrassing. I won't even bring up how I screamed back and stormed out on occasions. I'm not one to take revenge on this person because as crazy as it may seem, I still find it within myself to pray this person enjoys blessings. I never knew what happened after the office closed or what this person went home to. What I understood was the control (or lack thereof).

No one should be paid to be mistreated and no one should have to continue a friendship that is proving more toxic than lye relaxing creme. Apologies become redundant, the hope to improve never advances, and you're left wondering, "What did I do wrong?" I can tell you from a confident personal experience that the problem is not you, it's the other person. It's ALWAYS the other person. Gaining the strength to say no, walk away and disassociating yourself from someone or something unhealthy can be the one of hardest yet best thing you can do for you.

Just like Kelly Clarkson sang in her song, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Photo courtesy of Fly With Me Pro.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness