Lost Thoughts After Loss

As I sit here in the public library listening to the lyrics, "He will make you firm, He will make you strong," I can't help but feeling weak.

Maya Angelou died earlier today and I have been feeling sad for most of the day. The entertainment world and writers alike are no doubt grieving the loss of this beautiful, hard-working essayist. My heartfelt apologies and prayers go out to her family members, close friends, and all who appreciate the gifts she shared and left in this world. I feel like I'm taking this a little harder because of the constant losses I have dealt with recently.

My grandmother, cousin, uncle, and spiritual brothers fell asleep in death in these past two months. In the words of Jimi Hendrix, "manic depression has captured my soul." Because of sin's inception from our first parents, death continues to be a hard pill to swallow and no one is safe from it. The fountain of youth, the youth elixir, and whatnot can not prevent death. We can definitely extend our life spans by taking care of ourselves and not letting anyone make us emotionally sick. Unforseen accidents, natural causes and similar events can't be stopped by human construction, no matter how hard we try. I can accept that.

Why is always in times like these we find ourselves pondering what we are doing with our life's work? The human family is dysfunctional enough. We already don't treat each other with the love, dignity and respect we deserve, which Dr. Maya Angelou spoke highly of in her lyrical art. People seek to control anything and everyone they deem necessary. They continue to lie, cheat, steal, and kill for money and absolute power. We fight each other over material possessions and implement such sad theories into the next generation.

We humans love putting a high value on title and secure finances, dismiss the honesthearted ones as crazy, and expect nothing bad to happen. What type of person are you? What legacy would you want to leave? How would you like to be remembered? More importantly, what would you want to do when you come back...?

When will you start to make sure of the more important things?

I don't want to come off saying, "Let it ride,"and putting off common sense. I'm just saying, money can't buy life.

People like my the ones I have lost in my personal life and Dr. Angelou had an immense care for others. Their love and desire to help their people gives us hope of the compassionate potential that lies within all of us.

Ain't nothing to it but to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness