Driven

Earlier today, I just got into my car and drove about an hour to Pine Bush. I enjoyed getting lost along the way. I wasn't scared. I wasn't nervous. I got a chance to talk to God and myself. It was fun.

While cruising on the thruway and backroads, I remember almost ten years ago when I passed my road test. I called my mom with an innocent chilling voice, asking her, "mommy, if you fail your road test, do you get a refund?" Bewildered with disappointing sadness, she responded, "no sweety." I took a deep breath and responded, "Well, it's a good thing I passed then, huh?!" Happily, we both exploded with laughter. She was proud of me for crossing over the pre-adult rite of passage. Though I wasn't allowed to have a car until after I graduated high school, I didn't care. I was just content with having my license before that time came.

She wanted to drive around with me and show me the roads. I was already driving up and down Colonie and cruising Central Ave in Albany, singing the Jackson 5 enjoying myself. My mama noticed something in me that I didn't, which is probably why she had a hard time letting me leave her house at a young age. I wasn't scared to just up and leave. I just did it.

I knew I would get to my destination, probably late but better late then never, right? I made it to this specialty gift shop and got somethings for mommy and myself. When I missed my turn, I probably should have shuttered with fear, but I didn't feel like it. I don't know how to explain it, but I didn't feel like being scared. Maybe reflecting on the past year during the drive got the best of me also.

There have been people in my life who have come and gone for various reasons beyond my control. It hurts even more when the one whom you thought was a good friend turns out to be controlling, manipulative, and feels well-deserved to imbue others. It took the strength of Yahweh, my mom, and two awesome faces to say and do something. Now, this person plans on adding vinegar to my honey and affect my professionalism.

I simply have to ask how this corporate taint will improve one's income. If that won't work, I will leave her in God's hands, and focus on my business.

It makes me realize, I have NOT lost my drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness