Writing for my Reading Break

A whole month practically slipped by and I had nothing to say...kind of ironic for a writer.

In between trying to improve my spiritual routine, my hectic work schedule, reading about family testimonies in Michael Jackson's wrongful death lawsuit, and trying to figure out why Amanda Bynes is acting up, I think I should consider a vacation, or a just a few days of complete laziness.

In the wake of the late King of Pop's daughter's attempted suicide, it doesn't surprise me one bit that grieving Paris is NOT ready to take the stand and testify about what happened to her father. The New York Daily News reports that while Prince Michael I relived that tragic June summer day in court, TJ Jackson, Tito's son and co-guardian, stated that teenage girl is in a tough spot and taking the death really hard. 15-year-old Paris downed 20 Motrin pills and cut herself with a kitchen knife and was hospitalized. Paris was another target of cyberbullying, as she was subjected to heartless messages on Twitter regarding her and MJ.

If I sound a little bias, I'm almost sorry. I know what it's like to lose a father, I lost mine about a decade ago and it still hurts. Everyone in the family is grieving and upset and I have much sympathy for the daughter. If you can't say anything nice about the family, not even a prayer of comforting, go back to watching crappy reality TV and act like everything is okay.

Moving on to Amanda Bynes, I grew up watching this chick on All That, her signature Nickelodeon show and was drawn to her goofiness...what in the world happened? Child stars acting like they have no common sense, is that what's really good these days? I wasn't there, but it's safe to guess that something happened? Every celebrity, artist, and hard-working individual experiences a slump in their career every now and then. It can be worked through. But this screaming at random folk and throwing stuff out the window is just not couth...I'm just gonna say a prayer for her too and hope she gets back on track. Of course, not the old Amanda because she's grown, but I'm sorry this new chick just isn't working...

Back to my writing exercises. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the cicadas bite...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness