I Would Let Them (Part 3)

How oxymoronic was that? I wouldn’t let them fire me, I wouldn’t let them. I was not going to let the lack of maturity and support from a so-called “team” take me out of the game of life that easily. I decided when it was time for me to go. From this personal statement, anger and confusion are sown all up and through. But hey, at least I could make some wonderful stories and poetry from it.

Sometimes, silence is the best reaction to certain behaviors. Someone must have thought I was stupid or something. As I stated earlier, I have a degree in sociology and this degree allowed me to just watch and observe. I took a new job in another industry and relocated and I’m doing me now. As I write this story through the angry flashbacks while grinding my teeth, I can finally smile because they couldn’t get rid of me when they wanted. I wouldn’t let them…

It took a lot of reluctance to get this posted on here, let alone submit it to the anthology. I've been debating back and forth about whether I should publish this story or not. Those who know me personally know what I'm talking about, obviously. Those who don't, or if you happened to stop by my blog spontaneously, I would love to get into the specifics of the who, what, when, where, and why. There are a few reasons why I have to hold back though.

 Libel and liabilities (duh) for starters. I'm a writer with a day job taking on the war of student loans in a troublesome job market while dealing with the lack of compassion from people. The last thing I need to stress about in my already-chaotic life is a petty lawsuit. I credit the book of Proverbs a lot in my journal entries, poetry, and posts because it's severely easy to get vindictive, claim revenge, and feel no remorse after such behavior. Those scriptures speak truth, especially the one that says that (s)he that is quick to anger committs foolishness but the (wo)man with thinking abilites is hated.

Acting out on emotion is as common place as road rage. Logic doesn't show up until months later and I would have been thinking, "Oh, I could have handled it this way..." I didn't want to do that. I don't regret that experience at all and most importantly, I don't regret how I left, especially since I created my own exit.


Photo courtesy of Jennifer Lam.
And I wouldn't let them because I couldn't let them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness