Briefly on Black Friday


Photo courtesy of Baristanet.

Violence. Sadly, it is so intertwined in society that it's almost impossible not to come across it. Since when do we have to protect ourselves from the store aisles?

Call me crazy, but these past few Black Fridays have been getting increasingly ridiculous for every kind or bargain hunter. Customers are being pepper-sprayed, people are being trampled on and fights are exploding left and right. Hard-working retail sales associates are being cursed out by the irate customer who is already sleep deprived from pre-Black Friday scavenger hunts and online sales.

Hoping the storm had subsided, I ventured out to a department store for some cheap snacks and polite conversations with some employees late Black Friday night. Everywhere I looked there was an officer on duty. I was happy to let the associates vent out their disgust over customers biting, slapping and fighting over DVDs, video games, and other material possessions. Having to witness it right in front of your face, you can't help but think, "You're all dorks...every single one of you." I can't say anything about being involved in an actual BF fight because I never found myself in such a situation (thank you God) and I hope I never will.

Black Friday used to be one of my great pastimes as a kid. My dad would spoil my sister and I with new music and hidden candy from my mother. When did this loving Day of Discounts turn into a wildebeest frenzy?

I guess Busta Rhymes was right; it really ain't safe no more. Es em eych...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness