Pointing Fingers vs Biting Bullets

I start this post off by tipping my hat to the multifunctional full-timers holding down many jobs. This includes 24/7 parents, freelancing side hustlers and the unemployed who are looking for work. Making sure I count my blessings for having a day job, I try to remain positive about the various aspects I could take from what I do.

Long story short, I work at a bank. The skills I have learned along with the financial experience can allow me to write some personal finance articles to the up-and-coming genereations who, hopefully, will have some sort of financial resource to start with. I say this not to be mean, but to be real. Not everyone's situation is the same. A set of parents may have set aside some type of account or trust for their child/children for financial stability while another family, despite limited resources, put forth whatever effort (and energy) to give their kids all they've got with what little they have. Either way, someone is doing something as times are getting more stressful.

The employment market is beyond tempermental. Employers and companies say that they're hiring but they never call, or they up the ante on the criteria for a certain listed position. Don't get me started on the whole college thing (too late)!

After reading about how student loans are becoming scarce on Bankrate, I couldn't help but think about scholarships, grants, fellowships and any other aid that might be in jeopardy for both young and older adults who are considering college. And while everyone is pointing fingers at everyone, putting pressure on the person who didn't the chaos we're living in, I've decided that these times are deeper than a mere fiscal blunder.

Rather than pointing fingers at the wrong person (or people), it's time to just hush it up and bite the bullet. Through the tax hikes, budget cuts, and all. It sucks that because of the housing crisis, my department store credit card is at stake. I don't understand it, I can't help it, but I'm looking into it. It sucks that people who are overworked and underpaid still can't afford generic aspirin. But still they keep moving.

In the words of the soulful Joss Stone, life is just a big ol' game to me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness