Keep Moving

It's about quarter after midnight and I'm still up and abound doing my projects and other random things. I've always been kind of weird in my sleep but eventually I hope to get it right.

I've been blogging on various webspaces, such as Tumblr, Black Writers Connect and I still plan writing a column for Mahogany Butterfly. I just thank God Almighty that whatever was slowing me down is gone and I can concentrate on spiritual peace, writing and my job. I just started reading Embracing the Real World: The Black Woman's Guide to Life After College by Chaz Kyser and oh my goodness, this chick is on point with what she writes. I'm happy the timing was good for me to get this book, with me being a December graduate and all.

The chapters in the book are helping me understand what points I'm at in my life, regardless if the events have already happened or have yet to happen. I love that it deals with things that my counterparts don't deal with, like racial discrimination, handling self-doubt and how to do the best that you can on your job. Coming into my own tough skin, I'm still learning how to find a balance between being serious and lenient, fun and firm, and stubborn and tactful.

I posted a couple of quotes from actress/stand-up comedian/lyricist Algelique Bates on my Tumblr space and it's been resonating with me for the past two weeks:

Perfect a craft other than hating...I've come to a new conclusion that some of y'all don't know any better. I mean, you only know how to be a hater, a sideline, or whatever your profession is. So, here is my advice to you: Be the best that you can be!


As much as I go through the motions of life outside of college, I have to keep moving to the next phase of my life. College was fun. It was stressful. It wasn't that great and it wasn't that shabby. Sometimes I miss it. At least I have the memories and the smiles to go with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness