Michael Jackson's Most Moving Songs

To add on to his popular hit, "We Are the World," this is just a list of MJ songs that I have found to tweek my soul and show the serious inner-humanitarian in him. All of these videos I found on Youtube. They will show either the video of the listed song or a montage of MJ videos with lyrics. Kudos will be given to each user :0)!

10. What More Can I Give
Celine Dion, brothers Nick and Aaron Carter, boyband *NSYNC, Usher, Beyonce, Mya, Luther Vandross, and more superstar friends came together to make this heartfelt song. Jackson penned this song after the September 11th attacks and was recorded two years later. This man showed that he was giving a lot and more. Video courtesy of TheRumberos.


9. Heal the World
If not everyone, most people should remember the superbowl halftime show of 1993. After performing his hit, "Black or White," the stadium was filled with pictures of children from various colors and races while child-like voices filled the air singing "We Are the World." "No one should have to suffer, especially our children," he said before he went into his song. Video courtesy of Roylubke.


8. Heart on the Line
The song was used in the beginning of Spike Lee's movie, "Get on the Bus," a movie about unity and the spirit of the Million Man March (Johnson Publishing, 1996). Just like the struggles of everyday life amid simple complexity, Jackson implores in his song, "No sense pretending it's over, hard times just won't go away...don't waste your time on the past, it's time to look towards the future." Video courtesy of BeNotAlwaysx.


7. They Don't Care About Us
I remember hearing this song on the radio in 1996; I was 9 years old. A majority of people, MJ fans, were not so happy with it, claiming that Jackson had lost his mind. One person, my older brother Mark, loved it regardless because...it was freakin Michael Jackson, he always spits hot fire. Not totally understanding what he was saying, my third-grade level intelligence knew he was making some point. In a way, this song helped me to understand racism a little bit more. There are two different versions of this video and I posted both. Pick your favorite. Videos courtesy of PainIsLove4ThugzProd and Delanni.
Prison Version

Street Version


6. Shout
This song didn't make the cut for his Invincible album back in 2001, but it did make the B-side track of his single, "Cry." The fast-paced rock riffs of the song symbolize the anger within Jackson as he talks about the violence and disillusions of society and how mad people can really be sometimes. Video courtesy of MJLOVER4EVER13.


5. Cry
"People laugh when they're feeling sad...tell me where were you when your children cried last night." No matter how much pride you have, don't tell me that these words are not true. This simple video shows people, once again, of various races, backgrounds and cultures united by holding hands and looking onto the line of people longer than the Berlin Wall. Video courtesy of michaeljacksonVEVO.


4. Earth Song
Anyone ever dreamed about what the end of the world would look like if we didn't do something? That's something I'm sure people are curious about. I'm not saying that this is what will happen because I don't know. Everyone has his/her own depiction. Jackson's portrayal just makes you wonder. Video courtesy of michaeljacksonVEVO.


3. We've Had Enough
Listed as the final track of his Ultimate Collection, Jackson asks some heart-wrenching question from the eyes of the child. So touching and moving, I have nothing to say or type. Just listen and grab a box of tissues if you haven't already. Video courtesy of JacksonMichaelMusic.


2. Keep the Faith
Ok...I'm watching this as I'm typing about this video, never seen it before. I was expecting to find a video montage of his other hits. I like the behind the scenes documentary feel. The remix is a little...interesting but if you can get the words beyond the high beats, then kudos to you. Video courtesy of Enzoviconti.


1. Man in the Mirror
One of my summer highlights is driving around the county playing this song on my car. Some people have stopped, looked, and waved. Some have ignore me. Others have stopped and sang along with me and my girls, Lexii and Tia. Besides Moonwalker, this song is now linked to the tribute Chris Brown finally got to perform at the 2010 BET Awards. [After about 20 years, I see Jackson fall to his knees during his song and I still choke up]. Video courtesy of Aliveagain2006

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness