Tiger Woods and Other Race News


Okay, I was about to vent about how much of enough I've had with the Tiger Woods scandal, but I realized that I would be a hypocrite to my own self. My previous Michael Jackson posts say it all...so I retract my deliberate venting. I've been using this awesome internet browser, Blackbird; I call it the Black Mozilla because it's like a internet and search engine targeted toward African-Americans, too awesome for words. But anyway, the majority of the top headlines are all about Tiger's loss of endorsements, his wife breaking his face and buying a new house, and so much stuff that the media thinks we need to hear. I just finished a class at school, Press in America, and my professor kept challenging my class to consider if the information we receive from the media is making us a more informed person and helping us to become a productive member of society. Me, born with the consistency to find the optimistic side out of anything, tried to find some good out of this whole theatrical spectacle.

The only thing I can pull from this is the the constant reminder that everyone on this planet Earth is not immune to imperfection; we're all born imperfect. As far as Tiger Woods' situation goes [even though I don't consider his personal life any of my business because I'm concerned with getting my degree] he should have not did what he did and it's horrible that the situation has to explode in his face and all over the nation for him to realize he can't carry on like this anymore...felt good to get that off of my chest.

Onto another topic, thanks to the wonders of the Blackbird browser, I read a disturbing brief news posting about another racially motivated crime. A Colorado man dragged an African American woman out of a bar and was verbally bashing her with verbal obscenities...and was set free on a short bail. Yet, people get so touchy and angry when the subject of race is brought up (myself included). Comments have been flooding on the NewsOne site about this story and it's a sad shame that ignorance is about as active as HIV/AIDS (yeah I said it).

Not so much of a vent, but not so much of a news report either...but I want to end it with something positive. Check out my latest article on my fellow freelancer and blogger, Vixon John aka Video Vix[o]n at inCOLOR Magazine.

Photo courtesy of gazetteonline.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Interesting Highlights of my Summer

Another Google Adventure

Redirecting the Dopeness